State-of-the-art safety technologyAdvanced and reliable
In 1999, Doppelmayr launched a fail-safe system onto the market that monitors the position of the haul rope directly on the sheave assemblies of ropeway installations. The rope position detection (RPD) system recognizes any deviation of the rope from the sheave groove at an early stage and thus significantly reduces the risk of deropement.
The successor to this solution – the RPD Nexo system – was presented in 2019. This performs the same functions as the proven RPD system, but with greater technical sophistication. When redeveloping the system, the design engineers were able to draw on 20 years of experience in day-to-day operation. The result: even greater resilience to environmental influences of all kinds, very straightforward accessibility and maintenance, plus comprehensive diagnostic functions – the RPD Nexo system has been optimized in every detail.
The RPD Nexo system is universal in application: one sensor for all sheave types, sheave assembly types and rope diameters. It brings ropeway operators absolute operational efficiency, high availability of the ropeway installation and maximum safety for passengers.
The RPD Nexo at a glance
- Comprehensive diagnostic functions
- Calibration to rope type
- Simple sensor replacement
- Resilient to environmental influences of all kinds:
- Ambient temperatures between -40°C and +50°C
- UV radiation from the sun
- Humidity, rain, snow, ice, hail
- Shock and vibration on the sheave assemblies
- Chemically active substances such as rope grease or lubricants
- Lightning strikes in the vicinity of the ropeway or tower, or into the haul rope