Electrical Engineer-USA Salt Lake City, UT
Doppelmayr USA Inc is currently seeking qualified Electrical Engineers to work in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. The electrical engineer will be responsible for providing standards, methods and oversight for electrical projects. The ideal candidate will maintain a professional attitude and demeanor while working with customers, other colleagues, and authorities. A high degree of enthusiasm to work hard, long hours, and pride in one’s work will help make the ideal candidate successful. To Apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Jobs@Doppelmayrusa.com
- Ensures design and implementation of control circuits (24 VDC and 575VAC and below) are compliant with applicable codes and standards ( i.e. ANSI B77.1, Z98, NEC, etc.)
- Provides support to the Customer Service department with troubleshooting and manpower when necessary
- Provides support to the sales team throughout the quotation and bidding process.
- Establishes and maintains communication channels with key personnel in other Doppelmayr offices to promote efficient design that is consistent with worldwide standards.
- Ensures that the company and internal department quality objectives are met.
- Implements and manages the department Lean Management objectives and performance criteria
- Represents the department at management meetings as required
- Performs electrical project engineering activities for routine, complex and special projects
- Anything else as circumstances dictate.
- Clear understanding of PLC and relay logic control system design principles and practices
- Clear understanding of AC and DC power and control circuitry and electrical circuit diagrams and symbols
- Understanding of PLC and HMI Integration
- Understanding of safety PLC and standard PLC programming practices
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or equivalent CAD software
- Familiarity with power distribution systems
- Maintains a professional attitude when communicating with customers as well as domestic and international colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% (especially September through December)
- Ability to productively work at heights in mountainous environments during any season
- Familiarity with hydraulic system controls
- Ability to perform safety analysis of complex control circuits
- Leadership and management skills
- Familiarity with fiber optic cabling
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License