Project Manager Salt Lake City UT
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, management, engineering, construction management or closely related field.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience in project management, planning and/or operations; Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies required; PMP Certification is a plus; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Excellent oral presentation skills; Ability to develop, lead, and motivate cross-functional teams; Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills; Solid organizational skills including time management, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
Computer Skill: MS Office Suite, ERP/MRP System(s), Excellence with scheduling software including MS Project and ERP based scheduling tools required
Working conditions: Does require fluent communication in English; Employment status is full-time. Traveling may be required.
We’re hiring an energetic, result-oriented Project Manager with experience in managing multiple projects concurrently. The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific projects. Paramount to your success is demonstrating a high level of initiative, self-motivation, engagement with internal stakeholders (incl. engineering, planning, purchasing, production, construction, etc) as well as external customers, aiming for timely completion of all assigned projects and 100% customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Create detailed project schedules to monitor and track progress, which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Act as master scheduler for assigned projects. Responsible for project prioritization and resource leveling.
- Ability to utilize fabrication lead times and historical performance data to create schedules, collaborating with production and material personnel to ensure streamlined operations.
- Create recovery plans and schedules to mitigate the impact of unforeseen events.
- Coordinate with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Host meetings with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information. Present project status to management team. Escalate critical issues to management as needed.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs. Ensure all impacts are captured and change orders are executed.
- Collaborate with Sales team to define the production forecast and demand flow for new projects.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of project goals using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Participate in project financial reviews and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization.