Automation and Controls Engineer/Technician
This position requires the ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Doppelmayr USA is currently seeking a skilled, reliable, self-motivated Automation and Controls Engineer/Technician to be based out of our Salt Lake City office. In this role, you will respond to service requests and provide infrastructure upgrades for ski lifts and gondola installations throughout the Rocky Mountain region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to ski areas throughout the Rocky Mountain region to perform on site diagnostics and repairs. This may occur in harsh winter conditions.
- Diagnose control problems over the phone, which may include issues related to PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, hardware, or other related ski lift control systems.
- Install new control systems to expand ski resort infrastructure.
- Communicate estimated costs and timelines for repairs to customers.
- Log all services and report progress to service department manager.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Formal training preferred in controls, automation, mechatronics, engineering or related disciplines.
- Clear understanding of PLC design principles and practices including HMI.
- Clear understanding of VFDs, control circuitry, and electrical circuit diagrams and symbols.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the capacity of an engineer or technician performing diagnostics and repair. Ski Lift experience preferred but not required.
- Experience working with hydraulic systems.
- Experience testing and installing control systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of code requirements. (NEC, ANSI B77.1)
- Outstanding problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing and physically able to travel extensively and work productively in mountainous environments during any season, for up to several weeks at a time.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport
Please submit resume and cover letter to jobs (at) Doppelmayrusa (dot) com