Electromechanical Technician Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is ready for a great challenge and experience of a life time! As an Electromechanical Technician at Doppelmayr Canada, the world leader in ropeway manufacturing, you will become a valuable member of our local maintenance team and you will be in charge of maintaining and repairing various systems and components of a funicular railway as well as an aerial bi-cable ropeway. The maintenance work will be performed at the beautiful Niagara Parks for the touristic attractions such as the «Falls Incline Railway» and the legendary «Whirlpool Aero Car» . Follow the links to learn more about them.
- Maintain machines, mechanical and electromechanical systems of the ropeway (PLC/PSS control systems with electronic communication systems)
- Inspect the equipment daily and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough corrective and preventive maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles, clean and apply lubricants to machinery components, etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Electromechanical, Electronic or Automation Technician College Diploma or equivalent training
- Few years of experience in a similar role
- Aptitude in using various hand tools and precision measurement tools
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to work at heights (training would be an asset)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- Strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent physical strength and stamina
- Valid certification is preferred (Ontario SLM)
- Valid driver license
Standard work day at Niagara is 10 hours per day based on an established schedule. Work must be also performed on weekends or during the evening on rotation basis.
About the company
As quality, technology and market leader in ropeway engineering, Doppelmayr/Garaventa group operates production plants as well as sales and service centers in over 40 countries worldwide. To date, the Group has built more than 14,900 installations for customers in 95 nations. Flexibility, know-how and pioneering spirit make the Group ideally equipped to meet all the challenges of traditional and new markets.
What we offer
- Permanent position
- Flexible schedule
- On-site training
- Competitive salary and Benefits
- Employee aid program
- Employee recognition program
- Work tools and protection equipment
- And more!
How to apply
If you are interested, please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job title in the e-mail subject.
We look forward to receiving your application!